söndag 2 december 2007

Art and.....art (?)

Today is the first of advent. What are your traditions this day? Many swedes, including my father-and mother in law, have the tradition to eat lye-fish. It´s a white fish foaked in lye to make it soft and palatable. Tastes nothing unless you spice it with condiment pepper and salt.
My father in law´s brother was there too. He was eager to inform us about the latest in art that he and a friend of his are doing and selling now. Quite interesting I think.

And then.....if you dare, something I would never, ever do! I dare you.

5 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

I see you have a new tradition for advent... eat a spider! We go to church. Here in Jönköping they have a big production! The orchestra is playing, the gospel choir is singing and children are involved. The they have to open the side doors to fit more people. It is great! I was contemplating going down town to look at the market and decorations in the store windows (julskyltning) but I was just too tired and took a nap instead. Oh the the fish is well known in Minnesota as "Luta fish".

Anonym sa...

Cool art. Did you know that if you eat lute fisk with real silver the lye makes it black?
Jonas

Unknown sa...
Den här kommentaren har tagits bort av skribenten.
Unknown sa...

http://www.slide.com/r/4bA4idEM6D8SOIVZaTc_eR2-YcJ_gvI8

Cool art! See the whole thing!

Unknown sa...

Something is wrong here! My link gets cut off. You have to go to Youtube and search "Paintjam Dan Dunn"