onsdag 6 februari 2008

With the grey hair comes.....

.....experience and ”new” knowledge.
I´ve said it before, and I say it again: This is strange and annoying. Why is it that mankind says “you don´t have to invent the wheel again” and still the next generation have to do just that? I read the book about a two year old boy that lost his mother and younger brother in an accident. I hoped to cry a lot, just as I did the first time. Already on the first page I started to cry…..but then it didn´t happen anymore.??? What has happened? When I finished reading the book and looked for the year it was written, I realized Hanna was almost the same age as the boy in the book. That was one of the reasons I was so wideopened for the feelings expressed in the book. This made me think again over the words I started with. Why are we created the way we are? Why can´t we understand the true essence every time we hear, read or do something new? You can “hear” and still not “hear/understand”. Just because you haven´t gone through it yourself or whatever reason. Then I start to think over all the knowledge all the older people around us have. What will happen to me if I read the book the third time, when I am 60? What wise words have my parents and grandparents spoke to me, that I didn´t really understand? The way they really wanted me to? And in their wisdom they can lean back and understand that I don´t understand….yet! I want to understand!
I want to share the wisdom in this book. I want you to read it and truly understand it. And in time you will, maybe not now though. (Have I?)
In the next blog my wife will share with you some pictures from our daughters birthday.

3 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

Intresting! It was only last week that I thought about how I miss having the older generation closer to me (grandparents age). I feel like I should adopt a grandparent closer to where I live. Just to sit, talk, have some coffee, and reflect. I think I would be richer for it!

Anonym sa...

- Mir, that is a great idea! Em, what is the book called?

Shie & j

Anonym sa...

If you want to know more about the book, go here. Unfortunately they have linked the translation to another book, so you have to read in swedish. :-(
http://www.enigma.se/cleve/storlitenborta.htm

Em