tisdag 5 augusti 2008

The summer in Trelleborg and Skåne






A glimpse from the beginning of the summer and the first week of vacation.
It was finally time to go to Trelleborg and Skåne! So many years has gone since I last was here! I think Hanna wasn´t even born. We had booked a room at a hostal in Smygehuk, southest part of Sweden. Our kids playing in "our" room.
Overall this was a great week. The whole family together, and in Trelleborg. The earthly place closest to my heart.
Coming together with Marie and Andreas and Rebecka, bathing, walking the streets. Many times I stood there, remembering for instance the youth group singing in the park, me walking to the school on windy and cold autumndays, struggling with tests. We saw our house and many memories rose in my head.

Plus: Rebecka really embrased Hanna and David to her. She helped a lot and could ease my focus from them a bit.

The time spent with Andreas and Marie!! Thanks for open arms.
We went into Lunds cathedral. Spent 3rd of july in Tosselilla.
And the sun was shining.
When we came home, we thanked the lord for this blessed week, in so many ways.

Minus: They have closed so many roads so it´s hard to travel by car in some places.
The days went so fast. The smell from rottening seagrass (or whatever it´s called).
My words are so poor and I have so hard to express this week and my feelings around it. I have memories and pictures. The pictures will help you understand our joy in Skåne.

5 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

Emanuel THANK you for the picture of our house!!! I see they have installed new windows and a new roof on top of the bump out in dining room. If you remember we had a discolored corner there that was painted over by mom on numerous occasions. It is cheaper to paint than to replace the roof...but probably not the best thing to do. I have not been in Trelleborg since 1994... I too miss the city a lot. I read TA almost everyday. Ulf Bingsgard, Andreas' Carlssons neighbor and class friend is the "kommun fullmaktige". He is in the paper quite often.

I wish we could all have been there. By the way why don't you like the smell of rotting seagrass? That is also an important memory of Trelleborg, isn't it?

j

Anonym sa...

This was so wonderful to read, Em. J has told me a lot about it and we would really like to go there as well someday. I think childhood memories are so strong and it is good to visit those sometimes. I am glad you guys had fun. Give big hugs to the kids from me...
Shie-

Anonym sa...

I read TA every now and then too.
Well, it doesn´t smell rotten seagrass that much in Trelleborg. The smell is located more to Dalabadet and Smygehuk, and is not very pleasant!
Em

Anonym sa...

Så fina bilder. Jag tycker verkligen om bilden på Hanna där hon står med armarna och liksom dansar i vinden. Som en levande skulptur. Den är så levande den bilden!

Anonym sa...

Great pics! What fun to show your kids the house you grew up in!