tisdag 10 februari 2009

My wife is finally home...

The visit in hospital is finally over. My wife is home again, and I am happy for that. I try to walk by her side, comfort her and carry all her different pains together with her. I prayed that our Lord would help her and the surgeryteam under the operation and I pray now that this is the end of all sadness considering this issue.
It was important for me to become a relative to a patient, and see with these eyes. And why do I get the feeling to be forced to check if what I have said will be carried out to everyone helping my wife? Why are the caregivers so bad in killing pain? In what century do they live? And I am sure that if it were us men going through a surgery like this, being given so little painrelief, we would make a revolution in seconds. It is as if everyone thinks: "So, you are a woman. You give birth in pain. You should not complain over this." But hello!!! Excuse me!!!But I feel like going on a crusade now. I have mailed one of the doctors about my observations and I am very close to press charges. I feel I owe it to all women.

2 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

So great to hear that Vic is home. I have been thinking of her and the family a lot. I hope she is feeling better. About painkillers... Yes! I agree! I think back to my time in the hospital after the c-section. I get so angry! Some of the nurses didn´t believe I was in pain. Some refused to help me get out of bed to go to the bathroom. She just stood there 3 meters away leaning against the wall saying, that I needed to practice to get out on my own. Two days later... TWO days later they discovered that I needed bloodtransfusion. Nobody even thought to figure out why I couldn´t walk straight. The scar had to burst and bleed out on it´s own before I realized why I was in so much pain. And they didn´t believe me. Even asked if I had a low threshold for pain or took a lot of painkillers. I get so ANGRY! Em I will join your crusade! This is not acceptable!

Anonym sa...

You are right! It is terrible that staff don't listen. However, I can't but to compare with the system that we have here. We had to tell the medical staff that we didn't want this or that medicine or service when Shiloh was pregnant. And when we asked what the cost was of what they proposed they couldn't answer. The service was fantastic at our hospital but the bill will have to be paid for a loooong time into the future.

j