lördag 21 juli 2007

How many miles have been written about the release of this book?? Some people have got their hands on this book in advance (how is that possible?), and reveald what´s going to happen, who will get killed.
According to SvD there´s a lot of criticism from those that read books in this genre (fantasy).
Ihateharrypotter.com
“the books are just copies from many other, so much better fantasynovells…..it´s as loving McDonalds because you´ve never eaten a lobster. “ The world of J K Rowling (in contrast to Tolkiens world) doesn´t hold together. The language is not very qualified either : “…said Snape..”, “…said Harry…”, “…said Hermione…”, “…said Ron…”(all those in just one page!).
Those that speak about genusperspective have made some criticism around the stereotype genderrolls: giggeling girls and brave boys.
I´ve read before that when J K Rowling wrote the first book, she was quit poor, and had to borrow money from a close friend. She returned what she borrowed by giving her friend a new house.
Signe Carlberger a potterfan and one of two persons behind the swedish fanclub (http://www.rowlingfanclub.com/) recommend a few good fantasybooks: Stardust by Neil Gaiman. According to her it´s a beautiful and fun ferritale about the magical Fairie, a place border to the village Wall.
I love Tolkien and C S Lewis. I have not read even one Pooterbook, but seen the movies.
Yesteday I saw Eragon. I say that noone can compete with Tolkien, but I like to dream away sometimes…and I want a dragon.
Recently I read that the ice in the glaciers is melting even faster than they have estimated before. Nine people have died in Rumania because of the extrem heat there. In England there are raincatastophies. Jennifer Aniston showers and brushes the teeth in three minutes. “two minutes in the shower is as much as one person needs/uses in Africa….per day.
http://www.dn.se/DNet/jsp/polopoly.jsp?d=2374&a=669139?
A couple of days ago we could bbq and fill the small pool with water and let our beloved children bath. Of course Hanna burnt herself on the hot bbqgrill.

6 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

Eragon was awful I think. I read Stardust and loved it too but I don´t think it is for kids like Harry Potter is for kids. I liked Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman too. I hope Hanna is ok and the burn wasn´t too big! Love you and miss you a lot!

Anonym sa...

After I saw Eragon I told Shiloh that I too wanted a dragon!!
Mir, I really enjoyed neverwhere as well. Em - I agree Tolkien rocks!
Jonas

Anonym sa...

Hope Hanna is alright. Give my love to the kiddos.

I just finished Stardust this week. The movie is coming out, so I hurriedly bought and finished it! I agree with Mir that it is not for kids. About Eragon - didn't see the movie; don't care to. Paolini was just a kid when he stared writing, so I think we ought to give him some credit :-). The books are great.

I think movies, especially done even before the series is completed, ruins the imagination. HP included. I avoid the movies like the plague.

Just bought Hurin today :-) and am now in the middle of Potter. My mom and Jonas can't peel me away...hahaha. I have deliberately not read anything about the book so as to enjoy it better.

My fantasy book recommendations - 1. Cornelia Funke - Dragon Rider, The Thief Lord, Inkheart, Inkspell and the 3rd installment to arrive & 2. Madeleine L'Engle - A Wrinkle in Time series.

Forgive the long commentary - I had a lot to say;-) I LOOOOVVVEEE books.

Anonym sa...

Mir, in what way was Eragon awful? I wonder Jonas, if it´s possible to geocache a dragonegg???
Yes Hanna is alright now, but it was really painful for her. Shie, do you read the books or listen to them on MP3player?? Thanks for your recommendations. Hurin is a dark and sad story. Do you want me to tell the end??? Em

Anonym sa...

I read the physical books. I am kinesthetic (touch and feel) when it comes to books. This summer we listened to "All Things Bright and Beautiful." That was my first and so far only one I have listened to. I don't want to know how Hurin ends :-)

Anonym sa...

It has been a while since I saw the movie. But I thought it was too simple. They tried to make some sort of romance part in the movie that was just too simple. It jumped around and skipped. I also think it stole from other books, names of characters and places. It was a mish mash of old but written very childishly... I suppose the guy was a child... but... maybe they could have made the script to the movie better?!