fredag 6 juli 2007

It says that Bill Gates is not the richest man in the world anymore (for now at least). He is "only" number two. I think many of you know that he has given away a lot of money on science and humanitarian aid. And I think – even if I haven´t investigated it so much – that he has done it in a right way. Now, the richest man says he will give of “the fruit” too, but never give away the tree that gives the fruit. Meaning that he never intends to sell what produces the money for him. I think that he wouldn´t even notice if me and my family got….let´s say 200,000 dollars.
How does he think when he gives money away? Is it good to give just once, or is it better to give to a special “project” or people for a long period/regular basis? And to what level shall the project or people get money/help? Does the word to “send your bread over the water” spread it out for the wind? When you have little or much, what is the wise way to do? Shall I give little to many, or much to one? Will the richest man do good or will it in long term be worse? Is he going to plan/decide himself, or does he has wise people around him?
Notice now that I haven´t placed my opinions in this. I just give questions now.

1 kommentar:

Anonym sa...

All unselfish giving with no hidden agendas is always great and admirable no matter if it is giving on one occasion or giving regularly. However, if the giving of a gift of any kind may have negative consequences for the reciever in a longterm perspective, the giving should be accompanied with help that leads to equipping the reciever with the knowledge and the skills to help him/herself in the future.